[wp-testers] WP 2.6 running slow

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 14:45:30 GMT 2008

In a more personal test case, without "WP SpamFree" activated, I have to
sift through 200-300 "spamments" a day (all legit spams, rarely a false
positive). With "WP SpamFree" activated Akismet may actually pick up one
or two spamments every 4 to 5 days. Big difference there in my time
spent rolling through pages of spam caught by Aksimet in case of an
extremely rare false postive. I did tailor Spamfree's message to let
users know to contact me in case of an legit comment error. So far, none
have.

Bottom line...personal preference.