[wp-testers] WP 2.6 running slow

Gene Steinberg gene at macnightowl.com
Sun Aug 3 16:33:04 GMT 2008

On Aug 3, 2008, at 7:48 AM, Kirk M wrote:

> Just personal preference here, Gene. Besides, how many WP folks have
> a dedicated box (don't I wish) vs the old shared hosting gig?
>
> Here's to peace then,

Well, in my case, it's a necessity. I require guaranteed resources,
bandwidth, etc. And I need full control of my own box to customize to
my needs.  It's a costly option, but if I could get all that with a
ten dollar a month shared hosting plan I would. But you can't. The
shared offerings are heavy in hype.

As to spam filtering, I'm not suggesting any particular solution, only
that one should see if two are really needed. In my case, I also have
some comment-related plugins that also do a little filtering of their
own, so the problem is reduced at the front gate.

Peace,
Gene