[wp-testers] WP 2.6 running slow

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 14:39:11 GMT 2008

Gene and Rick,

I have to agree with Rick in this case. If I were running both Akismet
and something like Defensio at the same time then your point would be
valid. A bit like the old "standard" of runnning Akismet and "Bad
Behavior" together. Regarding that, WP SpamFree and Aksimet also work in
two completely different (and compatible) ways; Akismet using an
off-site service and SpamFree being strictly "on-site". Even SpamFree's
author recommends running Akismet to pick up anything that SpamFree
might miss if the user chooses to do so.

Be that as it may, I agree that there are more different configurations
of WP setups/Server/host setups out there than you could possibly count.
Still, other WP folks besides myself seem to be having the same problem,
the problem has not occured with previous versions and 2.6.1 (current
builds) seems to eliminate the problem so will this will probably end up
as "just one of those things". The ironic thing is that most problems of
this nature are usually accompanied by several solid error callouts or
at least something rather obvious to start troubleshooting with. This is
more like a ghost in the maching type of thing. I'm still looking though.