[wp-testers] 2.5: Custom Fields and Listing Stuff

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Fri Apr 4 17:22:27 GMT 2008

That is very strange. I have a 2.5 installation working with the
following wp_list_pages and wp_list_categories calls (working
correctly) in the theme:

	<?php
wp_list_pages('title_li=&depth=1&include=6,5&sort_column=menu_order'); ?>
	<?php wp_list_categories('hide_empty=0&depth=1&exclude=1&title_li'); ?>

Possibly adding the hide_empty or depth parameters to your calls would
help?

My 2.5 installation also is using custom field key/value pairs in both
posts and pages, without any trouble, and using them for custom
displays from a plugin without any trouble.

Anyway, I don't think it's the wp_list_pages and wp_list_categories
functions in 2.5 that are the problem, or the key/value pairs in 2.5
that are the problem. Have you tried using the default theme, just
adding your wp_list_pages or wp_list_categories calls to the sidebar,
to for sure eliminate any strange programming your theme might be
doing? And do you really have *all* plugins disabled?

The only other difference is that it was a 2.5 bleeding installation
originally, not a database upgrade from 2.1... you may have a bug
there, but I cannot imagine how it would screw up the include/exclude
of wp_list_pages or wp_list_categories.

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software