[wp-testers] Feed XML Problems

Rick Beckman rick.beckman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 22:00:32 GMT 2006

Using 2.0.5RC1, and for some reason I am getting XML errors on my feed.
Feedburner reports:

                  The URL you entered does not appear to be a valid feed. We
encountered the following problem: Error on line 2: The processing
instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.

When accessing the feed in Firefox, I get this:

XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity
Location: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TimothysBurden
Line Number 2, Column 1:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
^

I've tried disabling plugins and testing it out, but the error persists. Any
idea how I can track it down? Viewing source on the feed, the whole feed
shows as downloaded, but there is a blank line at the top, which might be
causing the problem.

Any ideas?

http://feeds.feedburner.com/TimothysBurden

--