[wp-testers] problems installing wordpress-2006-02-22

Donald Raikes don at draikes.com
Wed Feb 22 18:39:53 GMT 2006

Hello,

I am attempting to install wordpress 2006-02-22 on a windows xp pro system running xampp 1.5.1.
The xampp installation includes:
apache 2.2.0
mysql 5.0.18
php 5.1.1

When I click go to second step, the system seems to hang for a long time.
After about 3 minutes, I get the following page displayed:

--- start of screen shot ---
WordPress > Installation

WordPress

Second Step

Now we're going to create the database tables and fill them with some default data.

--- end of screen shot ---

the database tables are created, but I never get rest of the second step page displayed.

Note: I have never gotten wordpress to install under this configuration. I have tried wp 1.5.2 through this nightly build without success.