[wp-testers] 2.0 branch

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Wed Feb 22 17:41:52 GMT 2006

Mark Jaquith wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2006, at 1:28 PM, Dougal Campbell wrote:
>
>> Doug Stewart wrote:
>>> Okay, all things considered, what would be the correct URL to switch
>>> the svn copy to?  I'm having a bit of trouble sussing that out.
>>
>> http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/branches/2.0
>
> Of course /branches/2.0/ has active development going on... so it may
> not be best for a production environment.  /tags/2.0.1/ is what you want
> for that.

My view is that /branches/2.0 would be (more or less) the equivalent of
a 'stable' branch. There should pretty much only be bugfixes going into
it. Active development should be limited to /trunk. /tags/2.0.1 is a
snapshot frozen in time and will never change.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/