[wp-testers] The WYSIWYG buttons

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 05:42:49 GMT 2006

On 4/2/06, Dan Milward <dan at instinct.co.nz> wrote:
> okay forget everything I've said. Can it just tidy it automatically :-P

Unfortunately, no. Different browsers offer different levels of access
to the clipboard due to security concerns. That is why we have "paste"
which is a special plug-in that helps TinyMCE clean up Word's peculiar
HTML.

As for the process of adding buttons to the editor: right now it
requires some meddling with arrays and strings. Somebody, anybody
really, could write a plugin that makes toolbar manipulation a
drag-and-drop affair.

This is not high on my list of things to do. Maybe somebody else,
anybody else really, would like to do this.

Andy