[wp-testers] The WYSIWYG buttons

blau blaumeer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 16:42:37 GMT 2006

Andy Skelton wrote:
> That is why we have "paste"
> which is a special plug-in that helps TinyMCE clean up Word's peculiar
> HTML.

I look forward to the next WP version, then.

Paste cleanup is a main problem in one of my blogs, where I have 20
authors who are extremely naive and creative in finding new ways to mess
with the formatting. (wp202)

Copy/paste from MSWord is very common and there are combinations of
wordprocessor/OS/browser that bring in huge amounts of pointless
formatting.

User education is a solution, if authors are literate enough to
appreciate the difference between a word processor and, say, a text
editor like Notepad2.
In my case, some author has asked to return to the old barebones editor.

Blau