[wp-testers] Option removed from 2.0

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Mon Nov 28 20:48:23 GMT 2005

Craig wrote:

> Options are always the centre of a rousing discussion, no?

I am one of the people that believe in Options. Always have been.

> It's likely that most WP users right now don't know much about valid
> XHTML and probably don't care. WP as a tool for the masses should
> strive to make this as easy as possible for the majority of its users,
> therefore WP should fix improperly nested tags when and where they
> occur.

No.
User has never balanced their tags - they get them balanced now.
User has never balanced tags, edits a post they made earlier and the
tags get balanced, probably breaking the appearance.

If anything, it should look at what is set now and leave it alone.
If it's Off, leave it Off.

We already have enough people yelling about <p> and <br /> tags in the
forums without this change adding to the noise.

It's one line and one checkbox. Please put it back.
Or if it's a plugin, bundle it. (Not that that would make the slightest
bit of sense)

P.