[wp-testers] Option removed from 2.0

Craig nuclearmoose at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 20:33:23 GMT 2005

Options are always the centre of a rousing discussion, no?

It's likely that most WP users right now don't know much about valid
XHTML and probably don't care. WP as a tool for the masses should
strive to make this as easy as possible for the majority of its users,
therefore WP should fix improperly nested tags when and where they
occur.

I don't think it should be an option, or, if it is, then it should be
a hidden one. Most of these users I describe may only be perplexed by
such an option; it smacks a tiny bit of l33t-g33k3ry and I wonder if
it's appropriate to give the masses more decisions to make when
allowing this to happen is far less of an issue that giving everyone
the standard option of not knowing what the hell they are doing and
let them nest any tag in any fashion they so choose.

Craig.
Nuclear Moose.