[wp-testers] HTML output of <!--more--> tag not valid?

Neil Green n.c.green at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 18 11:41:27 GMT 2005

I was testing a new theme on my WordPress site yesterday and noticed
I had a few old posts that contained the <!--more--> tag. A closer
inspection of the code for the "More..." link on the web pages showed
that WordPress had output <p> tags within <a href> tags and, as a
result, the pages with this code wouldn't validate. Can someone
confirm this is a bug and that I haven't done something braindead
along the way? Thanks.