[wp-testers] Testing 'Live' Nightly Builds

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 19:21:25 GMT 2005

On 13/12/05, Roy Schestowitz <wp-lowtraffic at schestowitz.com> wrote:
> As merely a proposal (for testing purposes), perhaps it's worth adding:
>
> mkdir ~/download/nightly-builds/testbed/wordpress-`date +%Y-%m-%d`
> cp -R wordpress/ ~/download/nightly-builds/testbed/wordpress-`date +%Y-%m-%d`
> cp /tmp/wp-settings.php ~/download/nightly-builds/testbed/wordpress-`date

If I've read this right, this would create a whole load of folders
containing WordPress as it was on different days. Seeing as subversion
already versions, that seems a little redundant. The 'live demo' side
of things is already covered by opensourcecms.com, and this would just
take up server space. If we wanted one on our server (which makes
sense in some ways), we should limit it to the latest code, not create
a new folder for each day.

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net