[wp-testers] Upload and use of Images

Richard Jenkins blackbirdcottage at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:38:21 GMT 2005

On 06/12/05, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys, guys, guys! The functionality you want, I want too! It should
> definitely be easy for non-RTE users to insert image and link code!
> It's just not done yet, that's all.
>
> I hate to have to keep reminding people that this is open source
> software and the people who commit patches are very glad to see code
> (not merely ideas!) for new features uploaded.
>
> The fact that I've done most of the work on inline-uploading.php and
> the TinyMCE stuff doesn't make me its owner, so you shouldn't feel
> like you'd be stepping on my toes to add something good to it. I'll
> even be happy to answer your questions about how it works, if it means
> more functionality for us all :-)

Believe me - if I knew how to code the features I want I'd have done
something about it by now. I know enough PHP to write an insecure sendmail
script and JavaScript is a black hole to me. So the best I can do is come on
here and whine :-)

Oh, and just to clarify - it's not non-RTE users I'm concerned about... it's
people who want to use the Rich Text Editor and Internet Explorer and be
able to add images linked to the new image sub-posts.

Richard