[wp-testers] Upload and use of Images

Andy Staines andy at yellowswordfish.com
Tue Dec 6 20:36:35 GMT 2005

Hi Andy

I am still far from being proficient enough in PHP to contribute
though I wish I could. Plugins is about where I stop at the moment!

I'd like to say a big thank you actually to ALL WP coders - on the
whole you guys do an amazing job and it is much appreciated. And the
work on the image upload and TInyMCE is quite remarkable. If I have
any argument with the concept it is that I don't yet believe that
browsers are capable and standards-supportive enough (witness my two
preferred browsers neither of which will work).

What saddens me is the loss of options and the stated notion that
'options are evil'. A few simple options wrapped around this whole
process are enough to keep everyone happy - old/new users; literate/
newbies.

Also - from an organisational standpoint and as a developer and
manager of teams for 20 odd years - when a beta is declared as RC
software, this means that it has achieved feature lock/freeze. So -
remaining bugs excepted, I am expecting to get in v2 exactly what I
am seeing in this RC release. Open source software needs to abide by
the same rules. Hence my disappointment of features sidelined.

As I say - we users owe you guys a huge debt. The more literate
amongst us are impressed believe me!

Andy