[wp-testers] Upload and use of Images

Andy Staines andy at yellowswordfish.com
Sat Dec 3 13:24:54 GMT 2005

Is it too late to plead for a change here? Only just came back to
this because of lack of support using Safari/Omniweb - so I am late
to the party.

I really dislike the new image upload features because:

(A) I don't want my folder structure imposed on me like this - I want
choice
(B) I want the choice as to whether I want thumbnails or not - and I
don't
(C) If I don't use rich text editing then dragging an image into the
post area does not give me HTML tags
(D) In Safari/Omniweb I can't change the options on the uploaded image
(E) If I CAN change the options I want to use a class from my CSS for
formatting so still have to manually edit
(F) If I accept the OTT folder structure then how are tools like Ecto
going to work that currently look for a single image location?

Can't this feature be another +/- option and retain the single image
location for us that currently prefer that?

Andy