[wp-testers] Quicktags

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sun Aug 7 19:44:47 GMT 2005

Podz wrote:
> Is there any way I can put my quicktags either into the toolbar or have
> my quicktags display alongside the toolbar ? I'm no coder so I'll play
> and see, but I can see this being an issue for existing wp users.

I'll assume by toolbar you mean the rich text one. Quicktags do not work
alongside it, that's why we disable them when rich text is enabled.

> While people like me can just not use the toolbar if this is the case,
> those who manage large installs for multi-users while they may welcome
> the new toolbar, they may also rue the fact that they cannot - so far -
> have a hybrid.

TinyMCE actually has a fairly rich plugin architecture that I expect to
replace most of the current quicktag hacks.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com