[wp-pro] Setting up multiple databases and separate hosting for blogs.dir

Ben Nadler nadler.ben at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 16:39:45 UTC 2010

I tried to send this yesterday, but it never came through on my own email,
so I don't know if anyone got it...if they did, sorry for sending this
twice.

Hello,

I am currently in charge of handling the Wordpress installation for a new
site that I am working on with my partners.  We are basically creating the
equivalent of edublogs but for the real estate community.  We have
Buddypress and Multisite activated under Wordpress 3.0 and once we launch we
expect about 50,000 or so users.  From what I have read the default
Wordpress database cannot handle something of this magnitude.  Also, we
simply do not have the storage capabilities on our current server at Media
Temple to handle the files of thousands of users.

We are looking for someone who can set up a multidatabase solution for our
site, as well as configuring user uploads to go to a outside hosting service
such as Amazon S3.  We are not sure which service is best but I have heard
good things about Amazon S3, but we are open to suggestions.

We're looking for someone who can get this done in the next few weeks for
relatively cheap.  We are a small start up company and have a few big
investors, but money is not exactly rolling in at the moment so our price
range is somewhat limited.  Please give us a realistic quote and time frame
in which you can do this.  We appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Ben Nadler
Real Estate Marbles Admin

If you need to reach me, email me at nadler.ben at gmail.com