[wp-pro] Help, Help, Help I have had same problem for days (3 posts)

Ryan Duff ryanduff.list at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 03:06:52 GMT 2009

K4 Snoeberger wrote:

> I have had this problems with updating from 2.3 to 2.7 for days. I have
> literally been up day and night since the 16th. I continually get this
> error.
>
> Internal Server Error
> unable to complete your request.

Probably should have been posted to wp-hackers, but anyway...

Common causes of 500 Server Error include errors in your .htaccess file.
Since you probably did not change anything with the server config around
the time of upgrade, something might have happened to your .htaccess
file causing it to loop or otherwise not work properly.

Also, if you're not showing hidden file in your ftp client, you might
not have deleted this file when you reinstalled. I'd wipe that file
first and see if Wordpress can recreate it.

Even if that file is bad, you should be able to get into the admin
section of Wordpress where you can adjust your permalink settings.

Hope this helps,

--
Ryan Duff
web: http://www.ryanduff.net