[wp-pro] Please don't do that!

Martin at Cleaver.org Martin at Cleaver.org
Mon Jun 23 13:22:36 GMT 2008

What I will say about the Codex for WPMU is that it is horribly ignored by
the WPMU community.

None of the articles in the section for WPMU
http://codex.wordpress.org/index.php?title=Special:Recentchangeslinked&target=Category:WPMU&hideminor=0&days=30&limit=50have
been updated for as long as I can remember and as far mediawiki will
let the user go back (30 days).

I've talked about this here and on my blog before:
http://martin.cleaver.org/blog/2008/03/27/forums-and-wikis-providing-conversation-knowledge-linkage-for-wordpress-mu/

The http://codex.wordpress.org/Category:WPMU page is a reasonable start
> page. What is lacking is the wiki's prominence in the mu forums. As the
> majority of people only use the forums the bulk of the most recent
> information is in the forums, and the pages on the wiki are not very useful.

In short, it doesn't surprise me that Paolo is having trouble. Resorting to
look through the wpmu forum instead having stuff organised on a wiki is like
looking through every room in your house for a receipt because you didn't
bother to use a shoebox to collect them and then having no process to weed
out the trash and sort the important ones into categories.

Until the wiki becomes better integrated and more prominent on the forums I
don't see this changing.

Regards,
   Martin.
--