[wp-pro] Please don't do that!

Paolo Tresso / Pixline supporto at pixline.net
Mon Jun 23 13:41:58 GMT 2008

Il giorno 23/giu/08, alle ore 15:22, Martin at Cleaver.org ha scritto:

> What I will say about the Codex for WPMU is that it is horribly
> ignored by the WPMU community.

Again: PLEASE check twice before writing. (This should be this lists'
tagline...)

I'm not having any problem, in fact I'm maintaining not less than 5
different WPMU installations. I was just pointing that someone else
probably *should* read the readme.txt bundled, before complaining
about php needs or mysql issues. Just because it's all written inside
that file.  I can bet what you want that the php/mysql issue he was
talking about could be solved following the instructions, because WPMU
have a small setup difference from WordPress, and this usually make
people confused.

The wiki is useless if you *read* the *readme* file, really. What you
*need* to install WPMU is in the readme file. Just follow it.
Apart from that: it's a wiki, and you can contribute by yourself, if
you feel it's outdated, instead of blogging about it's supposed
outdateness.

I'm quite getting sick of this so-called 'professional' list. I can
deal with people looking for support in the wrong place, but I can't
really deal with "professionals" that can't even follow a thread.

By the way: I had a talk with some Install4Free people about this
list, and they're going to point people to the WordPress support area,
instead of linking directly this list. Hope some of you will enjoy
this little news.

Have a nice day

Paolo Tresso (Pixline)
online media developer