[wp-pro] Need a WP plugin to make pages the default

Sarah Lewis, blogging guru bookchiq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 13:09:31 GMT 2008

Howdy, pros,

I'm looking for a custom plugin that serves one function: making
"Pages" the default type of post. That is, when the user clicks the
main "Write" tab, I want them to find themselves on the the "Write
Page" screen instead of the "Write Post" screen. Similarly, when they
click "Manage", the "Manage" > "Pages" list should appear.

I'm looking for this because I often help businesses set up websites
on WordPress, and many of them aren't interested in the blog side yet,
but are still confused by the appearance of the "Write Post" screen,
etc. I can (and do) explain it, but it would be a lot simpler to just
have the Pages be the default option.

Please give me a rough estimate and time-frame for creating this plugin.

--
Sarah Lewis
Blogging Expertise :: www.bloggingexpertise.com