[wp-pro] need a WP-plugin to be developed

obsesif Cem Gencer obsesif at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:38:27 GMT 2007

Hello,

Since I've been using WP on various blogs and websites, it interest me
more and more to play around with the API. But lately one project is a bit
bigger than what I'm able to code, thus I would like you to invite for this
job.
The project is for an institution, it will be paid, but the price-range is
of course
great importance on deciding. Each bidder should give a few coding-based
references, good WP-plugin developers are preferred.

The project I'm panning to do will be study and exam-site, built on WP. I'm
thinking
to use the Pages as hierarchic course pages, where I use related sub-pages
for videos,
study-content and quizzes. Users with proper user-levels will be able to see
these pages.
Blog-content will be used for daily news and messages (more on this below).

Here are the details of the quiz-plugin, which I need:
- managable trough WP-admin
- all data will be stored in the wp-database
- the plugin should be able to work on a fresh wp2.3+ installation easily
and without core
patching
- questions to quizzes are related in a 1:many way, a question could belong
to more than
one quiz. of course the admin pages should have a way to assign questions to
quizzes.
but options are dependant to the questions, each option has only one parent.
- any page can have any number of quizzes as sub-page
- any quiz can have any number of questions
- any question can have any number of options
- each question would have a score, which will be shared among the answers
- each quiz can have a timeout value, if set, the quiz will be
time-restricted to xx minutes/secs
- each question could have an image to be displayed just below the question
- each quiz could have result-content for achieved score ranges,
e.g. 0-20 you are terrible, 20-40 you should do better etc.
these result-content will be set for each quiz seperately
- each quiz should have a flag of enabling the retry of the quiz or
disabling it
- a global variable of number of questions each time to be displayed (e.g. 4
questions on a page)
- if paging is used, page numbers/total should be dispalyed for the quiz
- each users participation will be recorded, scoring, date participated and
-if time-option used for that quiz- timing,
if retry is enabled, each participation will be seperately saved
- if retry is enabled and the admin choosed to use, a percentage-based
subtraction will be made on the score, which
will be set as a global variable. e.g. if the user takes the quizz next
time, a %5 will be subtracted from his score.
- each question should have a flag whether it is free-to-all or needs a
higher permission to participate
- statistics for each quiz and user, showing:
     - top-10 for each quiz
     - top-10 overall
     - which quizzes were most taken
     - average time for each quiz users needed
     - average score for each quiz
     - most-participating users
     - most advancing users (e.g. how many tests the user took in a period
of time, week/month)
     - most un-answered questions and quizzes
     - most failed questions and quizzes
and maybe a few more, which I cant remember at the moment
- the whole quiz-system should be protected against cheatings

not mandatory, but would be great:
- a global flag for the system; if the user failes a quiz, next quizzes
should be disabled to him
- ajax would be great to pass results of each question to the user.
- questions and answers should be seo-friendly (not requested per ajax)

I am open to your suggestions on this project. I ask you to give an
estimated price/time for developing
this plugin. As the project will be paid, the rights of the codes will
belong to us.

Send your references, time and price estimations to obsesif [at] gmail

thank you very much!
Cem Gencer