[wp-pro] installation for commercial site

Foolish Visions Web Design shelly at foolishvisions.com
Wed May 16 23:48:17 GMT 2007

 >>I am a little confused as to what he means by this, what exactly is
the difference between the two?

And why could he not install it on a commercial site.<<

Because the Install4Free team (which I am a member of, by the way) does free installations on a volunteer basis.  The few of use who do the installations are also web designers/coders by trade, and we simply volunteer our time and expertise with WordPress (and different server that it needs to be installed on) to assist people who want a blog, but don't know how to do it, or are stuck.  The vast majority are people who would show up on the forums and ask for assistance - they just want a personal blog to keep up with friends and family.  We're nice, and we love WordPress, so when we have time, we'll offer a helping hand.

The difference between "personal" and "commercial" is vast.  "Personal" is just that - personal.  "Commercial" is any website that sells things for profit, or is "advertising" for a for-profit business.  People who have businesses and want to have a professional website *hire* people (like those on *this* list) to do that for them - its a step in marketing your business so that your business will grow, and you will reap the benefits.  We don't install for commercial sites because, as a business, you should be *paying* for such services to promote your business, not asking for handouts.  (Not saying you *are*, but to ask for free services to promote a business for which no one else will benefit from it *except* you or your business is simply unfair to everyone else who *isn't* using it for monetary gain.)

Non-profit organizations and personal blogs are what Install4Free installs for free (and I do believe it says that, right there on page 1 of the site.)  It's typical of anything that's "free" out there - templates, graphics, music, etc.  It's free for personal use - but not for profit.

~Shelly