[wp-pro] New York Times - Job Opportunity

Henry C Chan/NYT/NYTIMES henry.chan at nytimes.com
Tue Dec 26 16:58:59 GMT 2006

I am a IT recruiter for the New York Times. I have a great job opportunity
for a Wordpress Developer. If you are interested, please send me  your
updated resume asap and follow up with a phone call. If not, feel free to
forward my contact info to anyone who is. Thank you for your time.

Wordpress Web Developer

NYTimes.com, the #1 newspaper site with 1.7 million worldwide visitors a
day, is seeking an experienced Wordpress Developer to manage our
highly-trafficked and growing set of blogs (http://www.nytimes.com/blogs).
The blogs have all been highly customized to fit into the NYTimes
technology stack and publishing environment.  Beyond having deep experience
with the Wordpress platform and its plug-ins, the ideal candidate will be a
savvy, all-around web applications developer who is comfortable in a LAMP
environment.

While the web developer’s primary responsibility will be to manage,
develop, and enhance the various Wordpress blogs produced at NYTimes.com,
it is expected that his/her responsibilities can and will expand to other
technologies and areas of the site depending on the developer’s specific
skill set and interests.

This position is in the software development group of NYTimes.com.

Requirements:
   3-5 years expertise in hand-coding HTML, JavaScript, CSS, and DHTML
      across a range of browsers
   2-3 years experience programming in PHP
   2-3 years experience developing and maintaining Wordpress blogs
   Strong working knowledge of SQL and Apache (mod_include a major plus)
   Experience working in a Unix environment (FreeBSD a plus)
   General familiarity with internet networking
   Enthusiasm for emerging technology, especially AJAX and Web 2.0 APIs
   Ability to weigh editorial and design concerns against technical
      constraints

The New York Times Company is committed to a policy of providing equal
employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.

Henry Chan
New York Times Digital
500 Seventh Avenue 8th Floor
New York, NY 10018