[wp-pro] Need a gallery plugin built

webmaster webmaster at funknofresh.com
Fri Dec 22 17:15:35 GMT 2006

I tried this before on this list, and one programmer who said he
would do it stopped replying, so I'm trying again:

ok, here's the specs as best as I can spell it out.

The script will basically create a static thumbnail gallery as a
wordpress page.

To create a gallery the script when prompted to do so will check a
specified location in it's config for a new directory that has images
in it, if multiple directories are in the upload directory it will
allow me to choose the directory I want to process.

The script will allow me to specify how many rows and columns to make
the thumbnail gallery, like if I had a directory of 50 pictures, I
can have the script make a page that has 10 rows of 5 thumbs each, or
5 rows of 10 thumbs each etc..

The script will prompt me to name the gallery, (same way you name a
WP page) and the title tag will inherit this name.

The script will allow me to change the size of the thumbnails when I
need to.  Default size will be 180 pixels wide by 240 pixels tall,
and the thumbnail will use constrain proportions so the thumbnail
isn't distorted, and will be able to crop the image size to acheive
the perfect sized thumb so they are all 1 uniformed size.

the script will then do it's magic on that directory with the raw
fullsize pics in it, and create the thumbnails and move the originals
into a seperate "in use" directory.

The script will place the thumbnails on the new wordpress page as a
third customizable template in addition to the normal list post
template and then the individual post template, and these thumbnails
will link directly to the fullsize image which will open in a new
window.

The script will create these static php wordpress pages for the
galleries using a template I provide so I have the proper sidebars/
headers and footers to match my site.

at this stage the screen will show me a preview with what will be
posted, and it will present me with a text input area above the first
row of thumbs & between the rows and at the end of the rows,  so I
will be able to insert  raw HTML between thumb rows of my choice,
primarily to be used as advertising spots.  To do this I guess the
script would just need to have a row with a table cell spanning all
the thumb rows of the page (5 thumbs across specified in earlier spec
would create a td colspan=5 tag ),

at this point I can click "preview" and it will generate the page
with the thumbs and any raw HTML I put in the text areas in the step
above

Once I preview the final version I press "publish gallery" and the
page is  created inside the WP system as a page, and the final screen
I see will be a text link with the URL of the thumbnail as a link to
it so I can copy and paste it into a WP post.

I think that's all of it!!!

let me know if that was descriptive enough.