[wp-polyglots] 2.7 is coming

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 21:07:22 GMT 2008

Mattias Tengblad wrote:
> Ok, my point here is that this is supposed to be an *automatic update
> service* for the users. Where in this do the extra site help if the
> users never gonna visit it anyway. In that case why not just check SVN
> directly like a extra site would for the update?
>
> Sure it can be a good reference point but not for an _automatic_
> update! Just some sort of middleman. Or am I missing something here?
> Do you still need to manually download the language file from a page?

I think the point is that by having the site there is a process for
publishing the zip file which includes the translated files and there is
a place for new users to find a translation of WordPress when they visit
wordpress.org

BTW - It would be nice to have a page on the main wordpress.org site
which linked to all the hosted I18N sites which I wanted to do from my
recent blog post [1]

westi

[1] - http://westi.wordpress.com/2008/10/26/wordpress-in-your-language/

--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5