[wp-polyglots] 2.7 is coming

Mattias Tengblad mst at eyesx.com
Mon Oct 27 22:27:51 GMT 2008

Sure in other cases a locale site at wordpress would be a benefit, but
in case of automatic updates it doesn't really matter. It could easily
be checked against SVN. I think this should be up to the language teams
to decide. Lets say the update checks the locale site first, if nothing
there the SVN is checked.

http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language#Swedish_-_Svenska_.28sv_SE.29
well organized ;)

In the matter of finding language files for first time users I think as
long as there is no drop down, flags or other direct links on the first
page of wp.org, users tend to use other means to find the information
directly in their native language, instead of browsing around on a site
in a language maybe not so familiar. (This has been pointed out to me a
bunch of times by our Swedish portal members)

If reorganized to make it easier to find on wp.org I'll be sure to
reconsider a locale site. As is now, I still can't see the point, more
than as an _extra_ reference.

// Mattias