[wp-polyglots] Re: HTML entities in translated strings

Alex Günsche ag.ml2008 at zirona.com
Wed Mar 12 11:58:20 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 12:48 +0100, Christian Barmala wrote:
> I noticed that "Dashboard" is translated to "Tellerrand", which would
> translate back to "edge of plate" or something like "border of the
> dish". The correct translation would be "Armaturenbrett" or
> "Instrumententafel". Could somebody correct this minor mistake or is
> this an intentional jargon?

No, the "Tellerrand" stuff is from another translation team, who
maintain an inofficial, yet quite popular translation. (Not only) in my
opinion, it's a stupid term, and btw I must say that their entire
translation is of a very poor quality, in regard to the translating and
the language itself. We at de.wordpress.org translate "Dashboard" with
"Übersicht" which simply means "overview". Not as fancy as "Dashboard",
but neither as weird as "Tellerrand". ;)

Cheers,
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
Blogs: http://www.zirona.com/ | http://www.regularimpressions.net