[wp-polyglots] Strings and _c() function

Abel Cheung abelcheung at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 20:30:56 GMT 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 2:30 AM, Stefano Aglietti <steagl4ml at gmail.com> wrote:

>  SO... it's something totally unclear at first read and without the
>  comment i HAVE to go to codeand, I repeat, not all translators could
>  be used to php code. Adn if i use a tool for collaborative translation
>  that don't refer to code line (see entrans thread)?

Have I ever said the comment part must be removed completely from
the string? It should have been above each msgid/msgstr pair.

But I totally agree this is wasting bandwidth. Consider this thread
finished.

Abel

>  If we eant to talk to the canonical use of tools and other stuff, ok |
>  is sometimes abused a bit in WP. But it works? It's usefull? Yes.. so
>  why waste time for this questions? An hammer is not made to brak
>  pecans, but if u have it and u need to break some pecans it works...
>  if a carpenter come to argue that hammer are not though for this..
>  it's a trivila question... isn't irt? :) Let's stop to waste bandwidht
>  too :)
>
>  --
>

>  Stefano Aglietti - StallonIt on IRCnet - ICQ#: 2078431
>  Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it
>  Sites: http://www.40annibuttati.it (personal blog)
>        http://www.wordpress-it.it (WordPress Italia)

Abel Cheung   (GPG Key: 0xC67186FF)
Key fingerprint: 671C C7AE EFB5 110C D6D1  41EE 4152 E1F1 C671 86FF