[wp-polyglots] Transliteration and use of two scripts in Serbian language

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Thu Apr 17 21:15:08 GMT 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_Cyrillic_alphabet

>  If there is anything else that is needed, I'd be happy to help.
>
>  Eventually I'll also be putting all my plugins in the svn repo that is
>  used for automatic upgrades.  If this srlatin plugin gets completed,
>  it'll be included.
>
>  Also, if anyone can comment on the general applicability, or lack there
>  of, of this plugin, that'd be nice.  In other words, does this particular
>  transliteration apply to Serbian only, or also other languages?

Serbian is the only one that has official and unambiguous
transliteration. For example Bulgarian isn't widely used in latin and
the transliteration isn't clearly defined both ways.

>  If other languages need different transliterations, it'd be easy to
>  modify this plugin.  It could even pick the transliteration based on
>  the language code configured on the blog.  (I should do something like
>  that for the "Finnish Quotes" plugin, to include Norwegian and Icelandic
>  and any other languages that have derivates out there.)

I use your plugin for a base for a Bulgarian style plugin :-)

Happy hacking,