[wp-polyglots] Call for beta-testers: official international WordPress sites

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Mon Sep 10 14:10:06 GMT 2007

> This application may be useful for the countries which has not any local
> WordPress site.
> But there are lots of large WordPress local communities like WordPress
> Germany, Turkey, France, Italy, Russia etc.
>  What does WordPress.org developers think about that communities?
>
> Do you think that aggregating the WordPress communities in the same domain
> and same design is a good way? I think some people will perceive aggregating
> the communities, as monopolization. I don't know the details, and the aim;
> so waiting some extra information about that. Thanks!

I'd have to agree here with Hasan.
When WP:FR helped translate wp.com's POT, we had a discussion with the
powers that be that wp.org would not try to overtake our own installed
community (http://www.wordpress-fr.net). I'd have to check my old
mails for the exact wording...
What are the plans for countries that already have an healthy
community? For instance, would a redirect from fr.wp.org to wp-fr.net
be possible? Do you expect those communities to move to xx.wp.org? Or
will they still get to manage themselves on their own domains?

--
Xavier Borderie