[wp-polyglots] The codex is alive - files for direct translation and more

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Tue Jan 23 14:59:48 GMT 2007

2007/1/23, Stefano <steagl at people.it>:
> Il think we should aim for future realease to find a way to make the
> strings into this files centralized in some way, maybe a simple text
> file named after the locale used, so to avoid to mess up every time to
> be sure those files was touched and to check if they need upgrade etc.
>
> The only files that need direct translation should be lon text or html
> files like readme.html etc.

I agree that constant updates are not very convenient way of
translating. However the implementation of your idea is not as easy as
it seems. In order to take the error message from a file you will need
extra functionality, so you will have to include some functions to do
the work. What happens if these include files are also corrupted?
Should the script show no error at all, or should every file with a
non-translatable die contain code, which tries to show the translated
warning and on  failure show the original error message in English?

In my opinion there must be some way to make out lives easier. We just
have to find it :-)

Happy solution devising,