[wp-polyglots] Default Theme

René Clausen Nielsen rcn at shevy.dk
Wed Oct 4 08:05:11 GMT 2006

   >> Anyway, with widgets being implemented in most themes and
plugins I'd say
>> that messing around with the theme files is just about to be a
geeks only
>> thing, meaning that a bit of i18n won't bother anyone.
>>

> Agree with this... I think that if someone starts playing with the
> default theme (not just at CSS level, obviously) he/she could deal
with
> gettext tags. BTW, it isn't too hard to understand the gettext tags
> concept.
>
> I neither want to reopen the debate again... but, maybe (and just
> maybe) there would be some point at future to review an early
> decision... or it is that we are infallibles, aren't we? I think
we're
> not ;)

   Actually, I think it is only right to re-open the debate. Last time
we discussed it, we had no previous experience, and now that we have
it, we MUST evaluate our earlier descisions. That's the only way to
improve a fantastic product. Tradition is not something we should not
be too reliant on when it comes to THE leading blog product on the
market.