[wp-polyglots] Default Theme

Klaus Gena klausgena at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 08:09:51 GMT 2006

I would treat English as a translation also and make an international
version of wordpress
just put an en_EN.mo file in the theme directory along with other language
files for available languages and give user during setup a language choice.

On 10/4/06, Nicolás Fantino <nfantino at 100px.com> wrote:

> > Anyway, with widgets being implemented in most themes and plugins I'd
> say
> > that messing around with the theme files is just about to be a geeks
> only
> > thing, meaning that a bit of i18n won't bother anyone.
> >

> Agree with this... I think that if someone starts playing with the
> default theme (not just at CSS level, obviously) he/she could deal with
> gettext tags. BTW, it isn't too hard to understand the gettext tags
> concept.
>
> I neither want to reopen the debate again... but, maybe (and just maybe)
> there would be some point at future to review an early decision... or it
> is that we are infallibles, aren't we? I think we're not ;)

Lees Ik en mijn Lada: http://www.ikenmijnlada.com/wp
Vertalingen Russisch-Nederlands:
http://klausgena.googlepages.com/home
Instant Messaging: