[wp-polyglots] Old strings missing in latest .pot file?

Stefano steagl at people.it
Fri Mar 17 17:22:48 GMT 2006

Il Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:59:12 +0000, Brynjólfur Ólason <binni at hi.is>
scrive:

>I just downloaded the latest .pot file here:
>http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/pot/trunk/wordpress.pot

This is the .pot regually updated from the WP SVN trunk tha'ts the on
developpement version, then it actually refere to the 2.next versione
(2.1 actually)

>and updated my Icelandic translation using Catalog->Update in PoEdit.
>All worked fine. However, when I updated the .mo file and put it in my
>/languages/ folder I noticed that some of the old translation is simply
>missing. When I checked the .pot file I saw that some strings are simply
>missing, e.g. "Links", "Manage Links", "Add Link", "Link Catagories" and
>more. Now my translation is broken for WP 2.0.2.

The pot you used have lot of changes due to a new links managemente
etc.

>Is there a newer .pot file anywhere?

Use the tags version, actually there is not a 2.0.2 tags yet but you
can use the .pot from the 2.0.1 that, if i remeber correct, it's the
same cause 2.0.2 didn't add new strings.

You can find it at:

http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/pot/tags

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it