[wp-polyglots] Trying to translate a plugin

Stefano steagl at people.it
Tue Feb 28 15:40:53 GMT 2006

Il Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:27:19 +0100, Pandem <pandemtandem at gmail.com>
scrive:

>Well, if i18n matters are discussed on a different mailing list, what is
>this one intended for? Do we have to subscribe to the other list as
>well? Will you or another person act as a bridge between both lists? As
>one of the Spanish repository maintainers, I'd like to be aware of
>what's up and maybe have my say on it.
>
>Maira

The development of WP is usually taken on the hackers mailing list,
and ther wasn't a specific thread about I18N. Few weeks go started the
program about WP Responsabilities

http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Matt/WordPress_Responsibilities

That was asking about volunteers for different part of the WP world, I
proposed myself as the coordinator for all related to the I18N, we
havent' started yet really, i did a copuple of post here in previous
week.

Ofted discussione happens on the weekly meeting on IRC too.

The idea I have is to make some pages on the codex to coordinate the
various teams not only for localiztion of WP but for plugins and theme
too, and have a better information to users about the availability of
WP in theyr language etc. Any suggestion or idea welcome.

I will keep this list informed about anything about I18N that happens
on other mailing list nd maybe we could arrange an online meetup too
in the future, be sure that actually no decision was taken about
changing internationalizaztion in any way and for sure developpers
will ask this ML list too in the case of big modification, the same,
they read this ML too so any suggestion made here will be read don't
worry.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it