[wp-polyglots] Trying to translate a plugin

Pandem pandemtandem at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:30:43 GMT 2006

Stefano escribió:
> The development of WP is usually taken on the hackers mailing list,
> and ther wasn't a specific thread about I18N. Few weeks go started the
> program about WP Responsabilities
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Matt/WordPress_Responsibilities
>
> That was asking about volunteers for different part of the WP world, I
> proposed myself as the coordinator for all related to the I18N, we
> havent' started yet really, i did a copuple of post here in previous
> week.

And how are other people that signed going to know what's going on? I
visit that page very often and have it on my watch list, but it hasn't
shown any updates except for new names adding to the lists.
> Ofted discussione happens on the weekly meeting on IRC too.

I saw that last week meeting had i18n as one of the topics; though I
joined quite late, I read the log but nothing was said about it.
> The idea I have is to make some pages on the codex to coordinate the
> various teams not only for localiztion of WP but for plugins and theme
> too, and have a better information to users about the availability of
> WP in theyr language etc. Any suggestion or idea welcome.

I'm not sure that codex is a good workspace. If for one thing, it's
usually sooo slow... We have this list yet, and we could put to some use
the i18n irc channel Morgan Doocy set up one year ago (I used to hang
around from time to time just to wait for someone to join, but to no
avail) or set up a i18n blog somewhere. Anything a little more dynamic
than the codex, where you don't have to come back once and again to
watch the changes and can be up-to date without visiting many different
places.
> I will keep this list informed about anything about I18N that happens
> on other mailing list nd maybe we could arrange an online meetup too
> in the future, be sure that actually no decision was taken about
> changing internationalizaztion in any way and for sure developpers
> will ask this ML list too in the case of big modification, the same,
> they read this ML too so any suggestion made here will be read don't
> worry.

Glad to hear this, I've subscribed too many lists and feeds so I won't
be able to keep up with the hacker's one.

Maira