[wp-polyglots] Suggestions for better localizations

Kimmo Suominen kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com
Sun Feb 19 23:35:07 GMT 2006

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 08:36:34PM +0200, Sebastian Djupsjöbacka wrote:
> Kimmo Suominen wrote:
>
> >I'm looking forward to an up-to-date sv_SE translation -- it should work
> >for sv_FI without changes, I believe. :)  Many thanks, Karl!
>
> As the maintainer of the current sv_SE translation I'm really interested
> to hear what you kind of problems you have been having with that
> translation. Why the need to translate everything from the beginning
> once again when we already have a working Swedish translation. At the
> moment there are probably a couple of untranslated phrases but that is
> hardly reason enough for ditching the translation completely. So,
> please, give me some feedback and perhaps even patches and maybe we will
> reach our common goal faster and easier.
>
> Cheers,
> Sebastian

Bad assumption on my part -- I didn't realize there were two independent
translation efforts, so when I saw a message stating the translation is
almost complete, I assumed that's the one and only effort.

I expect to be looking at the swedish translation in a couple of weeks.
And not speaking swedish natively, I don't expect to notice any problems
with it.  However, should a native sv_FI speaker point something out,
I'll be sure to get in touch.

Best regards,
+ Kimmo
--