[wp-polyglots] WP Translation Team

Stefano steagl at people.it
Mon Feb 6 18:22:00 GMT 2006

The WP Responsabilities projext was started few weeks ago
(http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Matt/WordPress_Responsibilities) and
now after waiting for subscribers to different section we can satrt to
work.

I opened a page dedicated to the Loacalization Responsabilities that
aim to organize, define amd help various trasnaltion teams already
working and particulary the news ones to get maximum support to get
future version of WP better internationalized and better localized.

Every idea, suggestion etc are welcome,, all the transaltors can
contribute at this page:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Responsibilities/Translations

I'm going to ask to expand this section not only to WP but to theme
and plugins with the aim to have plugin & theme developers to produce
code already full internationalized, defining a standard to let
developpers inform translation teams about they new products and
havint this certified in asort fo "WP I18N Complaint" marker to
identify high quality and localizable products

I suppose we are all working to theme and product , maybe helping
developper doing the internazionalization, or maybe working diretly on
theyr code, and then realising locale languages, would be nice if all
this efforts will be coordinated and centralized to get the maxim
results with the minum efforts.

I thin the first step should be a list fo plugins and themes our teams
have internationalized and localized so other teams can jump on them
and make locale files.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it