[wp-polyglots] Multilingual and Polyglots plugins

Esther Fuldauer esther.fuldauer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 10:52:19 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I haven't been in this list for long and I was wondering if anyone new of
any new development on either these two plugins.

A finished multilingual plugin is, I believe, very much needed in the
international wp comunity, and it seems to me these have been left unsolved,
primerily because development has been left to just a few people. I wish I
could contribute directly, but I haven't got enough PHP skills.
In any case, instead of just pressing these plugins developers I decided to
post here to see what was the state of things.

Multilingual from what I've seen is a good start but hasn't been
implemented. I'd like to see a plugin like that.

Polyglot is useful, but is just a quick solution since all languages reside
in the same db table, and which is worse, can only translate text within the
header and the loop. I have no idea why it doesn work for text in the header
or in the sidebar.

Anyway, just let my rant here, I know is kind of unfair... but I wish some
other developer would like to devote some time here.
I encourage some discussion on this topic unless it hasn't been talked to
death before and found no solution whatsoever.

Regards

--
Esther Fuldauer
Web Developer & Designer