[wp-forums] What's with all the Bozo's?

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Fri May 16 08:40:36 UTC 2014

on 16/05/2014 06:07 Josh Lobe said the following:

> Okay.. what is the deal with all the BOZO people on the forums?
> I'm seeing more and more.. and some of the people I can't really
> determine a reason for why they might be BOZO'ed.

Usually they've behaved in such a way that a mod has wanted to keep an
eye on them. Perhaps they become overally aggressive in a topic or
solicited email contact or something else entirely. Sometimes you can
locate the original problem by looking through their past posts (normal
  or deleted) but I agree that it's not always very obvious. Having the
option to add an "mod eyes only" note to the account is something that's
been on the wish list since... forever.

> Can a BOZO happen automatically?

In theory, no.

> Or does it have to be done manually by a mod?

Yes - although most mods will tick both boxes - "This user is a bozo"
and "Akismet Never Trust". I have seen the odd account with just the
first box checked but there's no way of knowing whether that's been a db
hiccup, an old bozo (from before we had the second checkbox) or someone
just forgot to tick the send box.

Mel
--
http://quirm.net