[wp-forums] en_GB - Incorrect Translations reporting 4.0-alpha

Stephen Edgar stephen at netweb.com.au
Fri May 9 10:39:47 UTC 2014

Jan,

Thanks though in the immediate case of the topic I am requesting to be reopened I would say no.

I am more than managing the information flow in that topic and am aware of  each user's ability, if they need further assistance after posting to that thread and feel uncomfortable editing core files I will guide them to create a new topic and assist them further on a case by case basis.

Thus far for the past ~3 weeks I have managed and supported this issue of incorrect translations reporting as 4.0-alpha, moderators jumping in and stomping this conversation now is not helpful for anyone involved.

p.s The following codex article I find a much better resource to link to when suggesting a user manually reinstalls WordPress via FTP, it clearly outlines each process step by step and highlights the issues to watch out:  http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress_Extended

Cheers,

Stephen Edgar
Melbourne, Australia

Core commiter, contributor & moderator of #bbPress http://bbpress.org