[wp-forums] en_GB - Incorrect Translations reporting 4.0-alpha

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Fri May 9 10:14:51 UTC 2014

I've not tried (or had this issue and only had one cup of coffee) but
from that topic:

> Just as @birgire points out changing
> the|wp_version|in|/wp-includes/version.php|from|4.0-alpha|to|3.9|will
> do what is needed after you have made your backup.

With the updated (fixed) language pack wouldn't the manual update to
3.9.1 work and possibly be a safer thing to do?

http://codex.wordpress.org/Updating_WordPress#Manual_Update

Some users may have an issue with editing files. It's not a big file to
edit but manually updating to 3.9.1 and then getting the fixed language
pack may be easier to support.

Thanks,

Jan Dembowski

Sent using Postbox: