[wp-forums] mod watch...

John Fridinger crzyhrse at gilanet.com
Wed Aug 27 23:22:54 UTC 2014

I’m not able to deduce how to reply specific to Otto’s response to my post, so am doing it this way…

Hi Otto,

Thank you for removing the flags…  And also thank you for your reminder and yes, I believe I have had the wisdom of not arguing with moderators in general brought into a deeper and more real place for me as a result of that incident…  Traffic cops, building inspectors, and now moderators…  :-)

And also thanks for what you say about the strange character that was appearing randomly throughout the text when that plugin was active…  It wasn’t actually a question mark but I guess you probably know that…    The character (sort of like a weird A with a kind of a wiggle above it) also appeared in the middle of sentences where there were no double spaces…  It was also happening on two separate websites using the same theme, and it has not ever happened otherwise, neither prior to that plugin nor since, with many plugins used on both sites, now as well as in the past…

I've also noticed since, curiously, the very same character occasionally appearing in a few of the posts made to Make Wordpress Core, though I haven’t seen any real recently…  That's only other place I’ve ever noticed them...

I’m reporting all this curious what you might say if you have what may be some additional info…

And thanks for the better understanding of double spaces between sentences... I’ve had conversation with my partner about them (because of the way they can add a space at the beginning of a line), but she has continued to want to use them….   And as you maybe have noticed from my last post and this one, it is my own habit as well...  I may share your words with her, see what she says, and then maybe do some extensive searching and replacing…  😊

Kind regards,

John.