[wp-forums] The "moderator" hat

andrew nevins andrew.nevins.misc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 18:04:16 UTC 2014

Can I ask, what happens when people don't create their own threads? Do you
let the OP know that it is fine if he/she can start a new thread? I think
what we are trying to do in the majority of cases is to keep threads on the
no-replies list, and by telling people that you do have to sacrifice the
thread you're in to save other threads.

It's not always clear when should moderators not moderate, and I know there
are not clear-cut guidelines for this, but I would definitely benefit from
being told what's not okay and when (before it gets to this stage on the
mailing list).