[wp-forums] The "moderator" hat

Mika Epstein ipstenu at halfelf.org
Thu Apr 24 13:20:49 UTC 2014

That's not what I meant when I said don't answer, Andrew :)

If you want to try and help debug, that's cool. If you're replying only to chastise about a rule, or you have no idea or time to help debug that specific issue, or the person is being a hater, I strongly feel YOU, the helper, should shut up and walk away. If you're angry reading the post, don't answer. If you feel it's out of your depth (like I did with the excel pasting error), try to help but it's okay to tell them you don't know either.

What I meant, and what I feel, is that we cannot know everything and we have no obligation to answer EVERYONE. In doing so, we screw up the no-replies checkers as much as they do with bumping. :/

Sent on my iPhone