[wp-forums] Can't Access WordPress.org (except for Codex)

Ron Cohen ron.cohen at comcast.net
Sun Apr 20 19:16:59 UTC 2014

Dunno if this is relevant, but I also had a mysterious problem this week
using
WindowsXP and Firefox (the latest version): my WordPress.org site couldn't
connect to WP or Google resource servers. Turns out my avast! Internet
Security
firewall was blocking them. I relaxed a key firewall setting and the problem
instantly disappeared.

Hard to know where to place the "blame," because Firefox, WordPress and
avast!
all were upgraded recently. The avast! support person blamed Windows XP as
it's
no longer supported by Microsoft. But XP is the only likely suspect on my
computer
that has not changed recently, at least as far as I know.

Ron Cohen