[wp-forums] Can't Access WordPress.org (except for Codex)

it's EMG its.emg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 22:00:45 UTC 2014

I'm no expert but one supposes it could be related somehow!

Do you have any idea why Avast blocked it for you? Was it an automatic
thing it kust randomly did?

Firewalls and antivirus-related issues was the first thing I checked myself
to no avail.

No antivirus updates, no MSFT updates (I'm on XP SP3 with the last security
updates installed so no more updates for me), no browser updates, no
browser add-on updates, yes to WordPress updates.

The only thing 'different' between not having problems and having problems
accessing the literal WP.org sites (that I know of) was the Heartbleed
issue and the issuing of WP 3.9.

I actually had no problems accessing my WordPress sites of varying versions
(some of my older clients whom I still support still run slightly older WP
installs and themes) - including those running 3.9.

My problem was literally WP.org sites (Support forum, Codex, general info,
core.trac, etc).

I'm thinking that what Sergey said makes the most sense - an SSL bug that
somehow cropped up in that particular browser version.

But how and why and should I be concerned about this 'bug' repeating itself
again.