[wp-forums] spam for dodgy themes with encryped stuff

Michael Atkins michael.atkins at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 23:04:23 UTC 2011

The user http://wordpress.org/support/profile/shah-network has started a few threads directing people to his site which offers WordPress themes with encrypted stuff. I downloaded one of his themes to take a look & as I suspected, I found encrypted junk in the functions.php and advertising links in the footer.php.

I suspect that rather than genuinely seeking advice, he is spamming the WordPress.org forum to get people to download his themes.

Michael